As stated in my initial ideas I wanted to look at destroying negatives by putting bleach, burning them etc. I did say that I wanted to do this on plain developed film to create patterns without images. The images above shows where I’ve put bleach and vinegar and nail polish remover on. I found that with these there wasn’t much to look at as they didn’t create as much of an image as I thought it was more like a coloured splurge here and there. From this I thought maybe with an image underlying the bleach and vinegar would would work better actually manipulating an image and creates more to look at.
These images show where I’ve taken random images around, to give a base to the image then again put bleach, vinegar and nail polish remover on. I choose these to put on the negatives as I thought they would corrode the image. I found when printing the images they came out better than the images without a photograph behind them but still wasn’t creating the mystical effect I wanted.
I found the process to this really fun as I hadn’t used the colour dark room to print photos before on this test I wasn’t that great in correcting the colour balance, however I feel that it could of worked with the colour balance being off and I wanted the images to be ambiguous and colourful anyway.
Similarly to my experiments with the photograms where I overlaid some of the different colours together I thought I would do the same here, mixing together the colours from the first images and the atmosphere from the others.
I liked the colours that had come out in the photos where I had destroyed them without an image on the negatives but I liked the atmosphere the images gave with a picture. I feel when I do this again the images would work a lot better if the base image was colourful and had more subject matter to it. After laying them together in photoshop I feel they created really cool pieces. To do this again I would take colourful base photos and destroy the images a bit more to see what this creates.